Mooncake - Final Space





Let's make a pattern by Hi Sheep of a super cute character (Mooncake) of a series that I love (Final Space).
We need a 3 mm hook, a 2.5 mm hook, stuffing, white felt (optional), yarn: green 55 g, white and black.
Mooncake it's going to measure 16 cm / 6,2 inch tall and 12 cm / 4,7 inch wide approx.
Let start CHOOKITY!!!



If you want a pdf version of this pattern you can find it in my Etsy shop: https://hisheepok.etsy.com/listing/913007317/mooncake-crochet-pattern-amigurumi


ABBREVIATIONS (U.S.):

R: round
sc: single crochet
sl st: slip stitch
inc: increase
dec: decrease

mr: magic ring
**: repeat to the end of round
[...] total stitches at the end of round
 



HEAD-BODY:

With 3 mm hook.
With green.

R1: 6 sc in mr
R2: *sc inc* [12]
R3: *1 sc, sc inc* [18]
R4: *2 sc, sc inc* [24]
R5: *3 sc, sc inc* [30]
R6: *4 sc, sc inc* [36]
R7: *5 sc, sc inc* [42]
R8: *6 sc, sc inc* [48]
R9: *7 sc, sc inc* [54]
R10: *17 sc, sc inc* [57]
R11: *18 sc, sc inc* [60]
R12: *19 sc, sc inc* [63]
R13: *20 sc, sc inc* [66]
R14: *21 sc, sc inc* [69]
R15: *22 sc, sc inc* [72]
R16-19: 72 sc
R20: *22 sc, sc dec* [69]
R21: *21 sc, sc dec* [66]
R22: *20 sc, sc dec* [63]
R23: *19 sc, sc dec* [60]
R24: *18 sc, sc dec* [57]
R25: *17 sc, sc dec* [54]
R26: *7 sc, sc dec* [48]
R27: *6 sc, sc dec* [42]
R28: *5 sc, sc dec* [36]
R29: *4 sc, sc dec* [30]
R30: *3 sc, sc dec* [24]
R31: *2 sc, sc dec* [18]
R32: *1 sc, sc dec* [12]
R33: *sc dec* [6]

Close.





EYES:

With 3 mm hook.
With white.
Make two.

R1: 6 sc in mr
R2: *sc inc* [12]
R3: *1 sc, sc inc* [18]

So that the eye look smoothly we add 1 or 2 slip stitches in the end, leave enough yarn to sew to the body-head.
With black make a tiny pupil in the middle of the eye.




 

ANTENNAS:

With 2.5 mm hook.
With green
Make two.

R1: 4 sc in mr
R2: *sc inc* [8]
R3: *1 sc, sc inc* [12]
R4: *1 sc, sc dec* [8]
R5: *sc dec* [4]
R6-7: 4 sc
R8: 1 sc inc, 3 sc [5]
R9: 5 sc
R10: 1 sc inc, 4 sc [6]
R11-12: 6 sc

Leave enough yarn to sew to the body-head.




LEGS:

With 3 mm hook.
With green
Make two.

R1: 6 sc in mr
R2: *sc inc* [12]
R3: *1 sc, sc inc* [18]
R4-6: 18 sc
R7: *1 sc, sc dec* [12]

Leave enough yarn to sew to the body-head.




OPTIONAL:


CUTE PUPILS:

With 3 mm crochet hook.
With black.
Make two.

R1: 5 sc in mr
R2: *sc inc* [10]

Leave enough yarn to sew to the eyes.
With white felt make two circles, one larger than the other, and glue them as in the image.




ASSEMBLY:
 
Antennas between R5-7 of the body-head.
Eyes between R14-20 of the body-head.
With black make a mouth between R19-20 of the body-head.
Legs between R27-30 of the body-head.
If we use the "cute pupils" sew them in the middle of the eye.





Join me:


If you have any questions or thoughts do not hesitate to leave a comment.

This pattern is for personal use only. Please do not post this pattern to your website or blog, instead post a link to https://hisheepok.blogspot.com/2019/03/mooncake-final-space.html


If you post a photo of the amigurumi made with this pattern in the web I would appreciate it if you tag me, I'm @hisheepok, use the hashtag #hisheepok or put a link to my blog.


19 comments:

  1. It looks amazing i loved it thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá, bom dia. Qual a Tex do fio que você utilizou? Muito obrigada por postar a receita, minha sobrinha me pediu e eu nunca nem tinha visto essa fofurinha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I don't speak portuguese so I'm not sure if I understood the question... I used a DK light/medium weight yarn. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I love mooncake and can't wait to make a amigurumi of him!
    Hope much green yarn did you use? I have just under 350 yds, does that sound ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm not sure about yards because here they sell them by weight... I believe I didn't use more than 70 gr of a light DK weight

      Delete
  4. Hi, I adore mooncake and can’t wait to get started! Thank you so much for publishing this pattern and with step by step photos too :)
    I wanted to ask what the terminology under assembly meant, e.g. attach eyes between v14-20 of the head - what does the V refer to?
    Sorry if this is a silly question, I am new to amigurumi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Sorry, I didn't translate that appatently, it's meant to be R as in Round :)

      Delete
  5. How far apart did you see the eyes?

    Love the pattern by the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, love that you love it! The eyes are about 10 to 8 stitches apart, so keeping that in mind I'd say see how you like them best, farther or closer :)

      Delete
  6. Just had to say I love this. We will be calling our baby "mooncake" whilst they are in vitro and so will be making this pattern to announce our pregnancy to my husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! Thank you so much for your pattern! It is so so cute! I know this is probably a very silly question but I am a beginner at crochet entirely and taught myself from your pattern. Something is not working out for me for the antenna and feet, they are all too wide.
    For example, for this row: *1 sc, sc inc* [18] => does this mean alternate simple and increasing stitches until you get to 18? Like every even number stitch is increasing?
    Thank you! I'm sorry I'm so new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks. In your example when you finished the round 2 you have 12 stiches, so in round 3 you do -1 sc, 1 sc inc, 1 sc, 1 sc inc, 1 sc, 1 sc inc, 1 sc, 1 sc inc, 1 sc, 1 sc inc, 1 sc, 1 sc inc- and when you finished the round you are going to have 18 stiches.

      Delete
    2. Ohhh my gosh I get it now! I see what I was doing wrong! Thank you so so much for replying! <3 xx

      Delete
  8. Hi! What colour of green yarn did you use for this project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I used a generic yarn so I couldn't tell you exactly, but it is a bright apple green.

      Delete
  9. Made this, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Made it and it came out so good! Have to say though half way doing the body/head, I thought it would be more of a triangle but it worked out.

    ReplyDelete